Axsys Technology Ltd. - Technical Support FAQs
The technical support page is here primarily to answer the most frequently
asked questions. If you are a registered user of any of our products, you
can also call our tech support line at 360-653-2700 for free technical support
between the hours of 8:00 am through 5:00 pm (PST) on Monday through Friday.
Saturday hours may vary. If your call is urgent, you can call at any time
and leave a message (or even get lucky and catch one of the programmers
that maintain a specific circadian schedule). Otherwise, please leave an
If you prefer to FAX your question, call 360-653-6059 at any time.
We also still maintain our bulletin board at 360-653-1425, available 24 hrs
a day, 365 days a year. Supports 1200..28.8K baud at N,8,1. Note that in the
future, it may be discontinued.
The following list currently includes only the most frequently asked questions.
This page is continually growing. If you don't get any anwers here, please
Email your question or problem to us.
- How do I Order?
- If you want to purchase any of our products, click here on
order form. If you want to download a
demo product or a free software utility, click here for
free-bees. If you are looking for a
specific item and you don't see it on our web site,
Email your request to us.
- How do I pay for my purchase?
- Personal orders need to be accompanied by a credit card or some other form
of prepayment (check or money order). All checks should be in U.S. funds.
Axsys Technology Ltd. accepts VISA and MasterCard.
- How long does it take to get products?
- We try to process orders the day we receive them. Orders for literature
and/or software products with printed documentation normally takes from
3 to 10 days by standard delivery via the US mail. If you specify alternative
shipment, overnite may take 1 to 2 days depending on your location, 2nd day
takes 2 to 4 days, depending on your location. All international orders can
expect to wait an additional day to three weeks, again it depends on your
- Whats the difference between the download version and the diskette version?
- The download versions do not come with printed documentation. The user
manual supplied with the diskette version is much more comprehensive than
the "on-line" help file. The documentation can be ordered for $10.00 with a
nominal $5.00 shipping and handling fee. See the
- How do I run Data-Shaper directly from AutoCAD?
- Part 3 of the README.1ST file describes this in detail. Please read that
file and if you have any specific problems or questions, please Email us.
- How do I convert several files at once?
- Use the Multi-Mac program provided. Details on using Multi-Mac are given in
the README.1ST file, section 4, and in the printed documentation.
- How do I put new symbols in the library?
- Details on adding new symbols or creating and using multiple symbol files
are given in the README.1ST file, section 5, and in the printed documentation.
- I use ACAD11 or earlier, what problems will that cause?
- Data-Shaper is designed to support any version of AutoCAD. It ships with
the libraries for AutoCAD 12, but you can download Symbol Libraries and
Entity Map files from our Free-bees page, or modify those files for your
specific need using your copy of AutoCAD. Deatils are only in the printed
- I am a registered user but the program thinks I am not?
- This occours if you changed the registered name as supplied with the
install program. This name is found in the DS.CFG (for Data-Shaper) or the
SS.CFG (for Shape-Shifter) file as REGNAME=... To verify the orgional
name on our registration list, please use the HELP file select the topic
LICENSE. If you want to change this name, please call us.